Congratulations to the 2016 Scholarship Award Winners !
2016 Scholarship Winners:
1st Place Charlotte Metz – Elgin Cold Ducks, Region 5
2nd Place Anne Dinges – Byron Snow Blasters, Region 3
3rd Place Kathleen McElmeel – Oaks Ridge Riders, Region 3
2017 Scholarship Program:
2 Scholarships will be awarded
* 1 for $2,500 * 1 for $1,000
All IASC members and their families are eligible to participate. All applicants must be full or part time students, carrying at least 9 credit hours and earning the equivalent of a “C” average or better at an accredited college, university, or technical college and must reside in the state of Illinois.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on original written essays submitted by the applicant. Essays will be judged by a panel chosen by the IASC scholarship chair.
- The essay theme will be “CLUB MEMBER PARTICIPATION HAS BEEN DECLINING IN RECENT YEARS. WHAT DO YOU FEEL THE LOCAL CLUBS CAN DO TO GET MORE PARTICIPATION FROM THEIR MEMBERS AND HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN YOUR CLUB?”
- All applicant are required to have successfully completed a snowmobile safety class. A copy of the applicant’s safety certificate must accompany each essay submitted.
- Two to four pages, typewritten and double spaced.
- Essays judged on content, originality, neatness, spelling, and grammar.
- Winning Essays will be published in the Illinois Snowmobiler Magazine
- Cover sheet: (Click Here for Application and Information Sheet)
- Name, address, phone
- Parent’s name and address
- Name and address of school
- Club president must sign cover sheet as club president
- Cover sheet will be removed before judged, and any reference to club family, etc. will be removed so that only the quality of essay is judged.
- Application must be accompanied of a photo of the applicant
Each scholarship check will be mailed directly to the recipient’s school prior to the beginning of the second term, upon submission of any official transcript that shows the student has earned the equivalent of a “C” average or better. A special presentation will be made during the Sunday Brunch at the IASC Convention. Recipients and their immediate families are asked to be present.
All applicants should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essays must be received by April 1